The sport of drone racing has recently taken the gamer world by storm – it lets you live the video game dream in real life, where you fly a drone at the unbelievable speeds of over 50kmph, in zones which would normally not be accessible to humans. If you are interested in the sport, and want to try it out, you might want to consider the below tips:
• Research and educate yourself – the normal procedure is this: you buy RC FPV online, and get your model out in no time. This is simply doing everything wrong, for you will only earn yourself a free pass into a crash landing course. The most important step in FPV drone racing is to first acquaint yourself. You might want to start out as soon as possible, but do not be hasty – as a beginner, it is easy to make mistakes, and if you do them in populated areas, you can even land into trouble. Take time to read guides, both books and on the net, and acquaint yourself with how to operate the drone properly.
• Take a step at a time – do not attempt to fly drones by yourself the very first time: have more experienced friends fly together with you so that they can take over the controls if something goes wrong. If you do not have any friends who are experienced with drone racing, there is nothing to worry about – drone racing has a very friendly community. You can find many experienced players who will willingly help you practice on the many forums and communities online. Additionally, trying out a simulation software before you actually buy radio control models and attempt flying them, is also a good idea. Visit https://shopwaigo.com/en/scale
• Try building your own models – you might think this is an unnecessary step, but this is quite not true. In fact, there is much to gain by learning to assemble your very own model: you will not only understand its structure better, but you will also be able to repair whenever it ends up crashing – which, you will find out, will happen quite often.
• Do not be afraid to fail (and crash) – as we mentioned above, crashing is also part of drone racing, and the process of repairing them afterwards can also become quite addictive. Therefore, never be afraid to crash your model; you will remember that you learned how to walk by falling. However, you definitely do not want to crash the more expensive models, so it might be a good idea to start with the cheaper and easier to repair models as a beginner.
• Have fun! – Lastly, the most important point you have to keep in mind is to have fun with what you are doing. Do not think of the initial learning and repairing stages as boring, but take them as essential parts to drone racing where you can learn a lot of new things. Once you are acquainted with the controls enough, start taking part in races – even if you lose, you will gain valuable experience that will help you win the next time around.